This workshop https://hpcfusion2020.bsc.es covers all computer applications using High Performance Supercomputing (HPC) in the field of fusion research. These include, but are not limited to, numerical simulations in the following areas:
- Energy and particle transport
- Multi-physics modelling
- Plasma turbulence and related transport processes
- Plasma hydrodynamics including linear, nonlinear and/or extended MHD
- Plasma instabilities
- Edge and plasma-material interactions
- Heating, fueling and current drive
- Laser-plasma interactions
- Fast particle physics and burning plasma issues
- Scenario development and control
- Fusion reactor materials
- Fusion reactor technology
The language of the workshop will be English and it will be open to all.
The programme will consist of three plenary talks:
– Alberto Loarte (ITER Organization) Modelling needs to support the ITER Research Plan and role of HPC
– Susana Clement (Fusion for Energy) Role of HPC in Broader Approach Activities in Fusion
– Xavier Litaudon (EUROfusion) EUROfusion E-TASC Programme and HPC role within it.
Invited talks and contributed orals. The abstract submission for invited talks and contributed orals is open now and will close on September 15th.
Selected presentations will be invited, by mutual agreement, to submit a journal paper after the workshop to a special issue published in Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion (@IOPPublishing).
Check https://lnkd.in/dwTWErc for more details and to submit your abstract.
You are invited to submit your abstract now to Spanish Fusion HPC Workshop!
For more info: https://hpcfusion2020.bsc.es
We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Workshop!